Monday, January 29, 2007

45 years...

...My Mom & Dad celebrated their 45th Wedding Anniversary yesterday. In fact, they are still celebrating----at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. How about that? This also means a certain little redheaded girl in Boston will be celebrating her birthday soon. 44 Years. Ouch!
When I think of the many different lives I've experienced in my life I marvel at the fact that my parents have experienced so many challenges & triumphs, raised a family, and managed to grow together and love each other more and more through-out. They are inspiring!

Yesterday, I ran in the chilly New England air. I just was tired of riding in the basement. The trainer can be a blessing...but nothing beats getting outside. I wish I could run everyday, but my body can't take it. After a couple of weeks off though, it really felt like a treat. Especially after a trip to Peet's. They have a special blend out right now called, Columbia Caracol. It's a peaberry bean variety and I am drinking some right now as I type. Yum!

When I left the house the sun was out and the radiant heat felt good...even though, technically it was still freezing. By the time I finished though, the puddles were icing up, and the sun was setting. They salt and sand the roads here like crazy, so it wasn't like I was going to slip on the puddles---I just was amazed at how quickly the temps change when the sun goes down.

Mike and I snuggled in for the night and watched the documentary, "Super-size Me". If you like eating at McDonald's, don't watch it. I munched down my whole wheat pasta and broccoli dinner with gratitude. There are 85 McDonald's in the city of Manhattan alone. I could site all the horrifying details, but I don't want to offend anyone who loves eating fast-food. It's worth watching if you haven't already.

Well---it's another Monday. Happy Anniversary Sunny & Bob (Mom and Dad)---I am toasting you with a cup of Peet's finest...Have a wonderful day!

No comments: