Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Big Mig heads West!

I just dropped my most important asset off at Logan airport---with his bike. I asked him, "So are you going to miss me?" He said, "I'm not going to be gone long enough". Hmmm. Not the answer I wanted...so I continued with, "Are you going to miss the Scrapper?" He replied, "not going to be gone long enough." Hmmm again. "So are you coming back?" He grumbled...not buying into my game, "All my crap is here---I have to come back!"

This morning the temperature outside was 7 degrees...feels like 7 degrees. In other words---it is winter. There was ice on the inside of the windshield of the car---it's so moist here that there is condensation everywhere. But the good news was that the ride to and from the airport was smooth. The "Big Dig" incident (where the tunnel crumbled and killed a gal months and months ago) had made a fairly easy ride to the airport into a nightmare of zig zagging through the side streets of Boston. This is a confusing city for me and the road signs aren't always where you expect them to be. Think driving through Brussels and you'll know what I mean. (Although Brussels is easier). 8 months later and they finally have one lane open so you don't have to take all the confusing side streets. This morning the sign said, "I90 WB now open, squeeze left". It really said squeeze. Funny huh?

I smiled and paid my dough (it costs $5 each time we drive to and from the airport) and took that as a good sign. When I dropped Mike off and he said "Good-bye", he said "I'm going to miss you Sweetie---I was just messin' with you!" I took that as another good sign.

So you lucky California boys and girls--if you pass a tall blonde hunky guy on his bike in your area and you think, "Hey, that looked like Taylor!"---well, it is no illusion---it's the man himself...so stop and say "Hey!"

No comments: