Saturday, January 06, 2007

It's like winter in San Francisco!

I am as concerned and worried about Global Warming as the next person. I put about 3 miles a week in my car, the heat remains at 55-59 in my house and I do my part to recycle, buy fair trade and the like. That said, I am not complaining, but rather rejoicing in the unseasonable mild temperatures we are experiencing here in the North East. The "mild" weather is the talk of the town here in Boston. Actually it just feels like a normal winter day in San Francisco. 60 degrees with overcast, damp streets, but no real precipitation.

Of course this dampness has kept allergies alive and kicking! Mold spores and the like. I don't think the folks around here are less susceptible to the allergies...they're just used to sneezing, coughing and itchy eyes to the point that it feels normal. Mike on the other hand sneezes all day long and clears his throat day and night. Even I have allergies here and I have never had them before. It must be the mold. Our house is about as mold free as possible (no carpets...wooden floors...no blowing air, heat or otherwise to filter)---but our workplace is another story. Sigh.

The last couple of days have been wonderful in that when I wake up in the morning my feet don't freeze (through my woolie boolie socks) when they touch the floor in the morning. Yesterday the Scrapper and I walked to and from work without gloves even. Wacky weather---but I am not complaining.

There's an older guy that the Scrap and I pass each morning on our way to work. He's a friendly outgoing guy with a real "Southy" accent. ("Gud Mownin'! Feh fawty yea's I lived hea"---think Good Will Hunting and you'll understand what I am saying). Every time we pass, He stops walking and in a real deep voice goes, "WOOOF!". He never really talks to me, only to Sydney. So he says, "Ahn't ya gownna say Gud Mownin'?" The last time this happened he broke into song, "Gud Mownin', Good Mownin...da da da dada..." So I sang with him "good morning good morning to you". (Think Singing in the Rain). It was funny.

The sun is peaking out through the overcast skies. It's supposed to be near 70 degrees today. Have a wonderful Saturday!

No comments: