Monday, January 22, 2007

Lost in Translation

Must of been my day to be lost yesterday. And my excursion to the airport was alot less fun than being lost in the woods, on foot, with the small hound. Sydney's nose only works when she is on foot. Last time I picked Mike up at Logan, I waited until he landed before I left. Since he had a bag checked, I figured the timing would be perfect. When I got to the pick-up area though, he lamented that he'd been waiting for 25 minutes.

Hoping to avoid this, I waited until his plane was about to land (I watched online) and left earlier. The result was that I got there too early. He was still waiting for his bag. Every airport I have ever been to has a way to circle the arrival gates. Well if Logan has one, they hide it from the general public and unless you are a local and already know the secret way, you can't circle. I ended up back on the Mass-pike, paying $3 to get on and when I finally could exit, I paid another buck. And there is no easy on/easy off ramp. I was seriously lost now.

I kept asking for directions and somehow ended up on Commonwealth Avenue (think Fenway Stadium). I asked a Taxi driver how to get to airport. He looked at my California plates and said there wasn't any easy way, I had to take alot of roads. (Like it would be too difficult from someone from California). All this time, Mike is calling me and I am crying that I am hopelessly lost. I find a gas station and ask where Storro Drive is. The "smoking man" coughed and said it was on the other side of the River. "How to I get there?" , "You just go over the bridge and make a soft right".

Well, you had to be in the middle lane. And it was straight...not right. I looped and swirled and cried for a bit. Finally I saw an airport sign and eventually made it to the airport. A little weary, and very frustrated. Sigh.

"Where's your luggage?" I asked a not-very-happy-husband. They lost it. It will hopefully be delivered tomorrow. Relieved we paid another $4 and drove home---all three Taylor's--together again!

No comments: