Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy 2007!

Ever since I can remember, I have managed to stay awake until the ball dropped in Time's Square on New Year's Eve. For most of my life, this meant staying awake until 9pm PST. Now that midnight=midnight, it's a bit more difficult and I didn't make it. I saw the New Year's celebration in Sydney, Australia at least.

We are getting drenched with rain here in Boston. All the snow is pretty much gone. I went for a run yesterday and half the track was covered in smashed down snow (ice). So I ran on the inside lane and hit the grassy parts on the icy half. Running in grass is much harder than I thought. Mike went for a long bike ride. There was too much ice on the road for me to feel safe. But I kinda like running these days anyway.

Mike and I are doing our annual "soul searching"---(i.e what goals do we hope to accomplish this year, and probably most significantly, where do we hope to live while we achieve these accomplishments? Ha!) Home may be where the heart is...or rather a state of mind. But I left my heart in San Francisco, and while I am happy (I am living with the love of my life---how could I not be?), I also feel these heart strings pulling me towards the Pacific Ocean, the Open Space of the West, the Redwoods, the sunshine and even the fog, and of course the mountains. (Note: I left out weather! )

Change is on our horizon---and we have no idea yet how this looks (the details)--it's kind of scary and exciting at the same time.

My friend Mary Ann was able to go home from the hospital for New Year's Eve. She's strong. She will likely be back on her bike sooner as opposed to later. Thanks for including her in your prayers. She is a beautiful person who contributes great energy wherever she goes.

Happy 2007!

No comments: