Monday, February 05, 2007

Fumbles & Turnovers

What's the world coming to when an avid cyclist who hasn't watched much football since Joe Montana played for the 49er's (although she was a "gag" Dallas fan even then) decides to write about the Superbowl? I suppose when you plop that said cyclist down in Boston, where riding outside in January is for crazy nuts like her husband, she has more time to "veg in front of the TV" and watch football on TV like her millions of American counterparts.

What a game, huh? Of course the weather tops my list! Can you believe the downpour? It never quit! If I'd paid the thousands of dollars for superbowl tickets only to have to sit in the rain for four hours, I'd have been a bit peeved. Better to watch it in my freezing living room, yes? I don't remember football having so many turnovers. When did that happen?

Mike was not happy that Prince didn't play "When Dove's Cry" during half-time. "Weak!" was his reply, after he added, "Hey sweetie, did you know that Prince went to North Minneapolis High School? His studio is in Chanhassen, MN right near where I picked up the moving truck. I drove right passed it!"

Dan Marino kept referring to the Superbowl he went to and how the win of the national Championship forever eluded him. So my claim for the night was that I was at that said Superbowl. It was at Stanford and it was Miami vs. San Francisco...with Apple being the main sponsor. But like I said...I was a Cowboys fan.

Anyway---I'm thrilled for the Colts. It was an exciting ball game. Have a wonderful Monday! Mom, please add Sheldon Haaland's name to the prayer list tonight.

No comments: