Saturday, May 06, 2006

Come Saturday morning...

My Mom used to play guitar and sing that song to me. No matter where I live---I miss home. Don't get me wrong. I like it here. I like the history and there is something to be said for living in a part of the country so often visited as a destination place. Lots to do. Lots to learn. I've spent much of my life living in a destination place. But there is no place like the San Francisco Bay Area. It's still home for me ---no matter where I go.

We had a diverse weather week with rain, cold spells followed by a lovely spring 80 degree Friday. I'm used to crazy weather patterns by now. And even though I know we made the right choice to move here...there are bits and pieces of Minnesota that I miss now and again. The riding might have been boring---but I LOVED the lack of traffic. And now I am stuck missing both my families. Always a trade-off. Do I sound like the ubiquitous complainer?

I hope not. I just got email from the promoter of the Minnesota race though and I got a little homesick for my newly attained Mid-western roots. Sigh...

Today is lovely and I am off to ride towards Wachussetts (God Bless you!)---either that or Harvardtown (not Harvard---but Harvardtown). Riding to Harvard is like riding around downtown San Francisco with even narrower streets and more (yes more) people. But Harvardtown is lovely with rolling countryside (for around here). Wachussetts is also a Mountain Range (for around here), and Mike and a couple of guys from work are riding there tomorrow. It's 110 miles round trip and of course Taylor is riding there and back. The other guys are driving there and gonna do a 40 mile ride. I might practice riding there today and see if I can do it. Ha!

I hope you have a lovely day!

No comments: