Sunday, October 28, 2007

Sunset in NW Reno


Can't you just see the swirling of a Vincent Van Gogh paintbrush? Of course I can not capture the delight of scene with a camera---nor in words. Just a big Wow! In our front yard we watched the sun set over the Mountains, and in our backyard, we watched the full moon rise. I took a picture of that too, but it didn't work very well. Too bad Watson or Joe wasn't here to take THAT picture!

I've been changing my riding patterns to the afternoons during the work week, since it is a bit chilly in the mornings. The routes in Verdi are a bit more limited, but I can get out for a couple of hours in the afternoon and do a few laps of the Dog Valley road climb, which means I ride over the Stateline and into California a couple of times a day. It's also virtually car free---maybe 5 cars total.

Friday, while riding I saw the biggest wild cat I've ever seen in person. Not sure what kind of cat it was...bigger (taller and fatter) than Sydney though and it had a kitten-like face. I must have scared it though---as it took off into the woods before I could worry about whether or not it would come after me. It was a big cat.

Last night Mike and I sat out in the backyard, watching the moon-rise, looking out at the Nevada Mountain ranges to the East and BBQ'ing some chow. Hard to believe it is already the end of October, 2007. Enjoy the day!

No comments: