Sunday, June 03, 2007

Our first "house-guests!" & Italy bound~

The last 10 days or so have been filled with riding, racing, friends and family. Mike and I headed to California last weekend and he raced and I rode Mt. Hamilton. The timing was perfect as it was Layne's birthday and so we enjoyed Thai food with family the evening before Mike's race. After a respectable top 10 finish (for Mike), we headed to Livermore and ate a feast with Dave Metzinger and his family before heading home to Reno.

The next day, Mom, Dad and Layne drove up to Reno for my Dad's softball tournament. Our first house-guests! The weather was perfect and we all had fun spending time together in the Taylor's new home in the foothills of the Sierra's.

The riding here is fabulous! Hilly and warm, but cool in the evenings. As I was headed down Lakeside towards Mt. Rose yesterday, a cute, fat groundhog poked his head out of his "den" on the side of the road. They are the cutest things----don't even look real, but rather like stuffed animals. Mike and I both arrived home from our rides about the same time---and after a little bit of housecleaning we headed to Verdi to take the Scrap for a walk along the Truckee River. As we walked, you could hear the thunder off in a distance---these storms blow in through the gap(s) in the mountains. It's fabulous to watch.

I am headed to Vicenza, Italy in a couple of weeks. It is a work trip to the Campagnolo Factory for the International Collections preview for 2008! For a cyclist, this is a real treat---as Campagnolo IS Italian cycling. And true to form, our first day is a bicycle tour around the Vicenza province.

I've also been working for the Minnesota Bike race. My job is recruiting the Professional Cycling Teams for the "Fan-Zone and Athlete Villages". It's a new concept---sort of like what NASCAR used to do---bringing the fans to the athlete's. I love it. I only wish I was going to be able to see how it turns out. Perhaps my Minnesota family can make a stage or two and tell me all about it?

Let's see---what else? Oh yes, welcome to the world, Madeline Elizabeth Baird (Yes---Colin and Heather had a baby girl)---and Happy Birthday to Luke Rooney!

Happy Sunday!

No comments: