Saturday, June 16, 2007

Black Panties and The Laundromat

...ah yes, the exciting life of luxury! When we first moved here, Mike kept at me about getting a washer and dryer. It is convenient, but we are renting and I know from experience that we are full to the rim on our moving truck---and I don't need another thing to move. Mike told my parents that "Joni won't let me buy one!" I thought that was funny---like I was in control for a change!

Anyway, the surprising part is that I really don't mind going to the laundromat once a week. Our electric/gas bill here is less than half of what it was in Boston. Seriously, I think that not having a washer/dryer helps with lowering that cost. And so I spend $20 bones a month and 4 hours (a month) washing clothes.

Many folks don't like going to the laundromat---but it's not so bad. I always meet interesting characters there. Lots of Mom's doing three times as much laundry as I. Some bring their children. Today there was a Mom and her son---maybe he was 10 years old. He was quietly drawing at one of the benches. I've never seen such a well behaved kid. He was gorgeous too. A real knock-out. And quite the artist. He was shy and quiet and beautiful.

There was also a lovely (hot!) coed. (I go the laundry mat that is just due west of the University of Nevada). Anyway---she was doing her laundry and her dryer was near the little boy's (Mom's) dryers and his Mom asked him if he would grab one of the loads so he did. I don't remember how old you are when you get interested in the opposite sex. Anyway---the gal had just finished with her last load in the dryer and was packing it up and leaving. He was right next to her and as she ran out a pair of black panties fell off her load. She didn't notice, but the little boy did. Just as he was about to grab what had fallen he realized what it was and he blushed, looked right at me and said, "What should I do?" I had a load of junk in my hands and couldn't help him, but I winked and said, "go for it!"

So he picked up her panties off the floor and ran out to hand them to her. His Mom and I laughed.

Mike raced last night in Truckee and now we are off to the final stage of the Tour de Nez right here in Reno. We'll ride to the race and then pedal home in the soft desert evening. Wish Mike luck!

Happy Saturday!

No comments: