Saturday, August 09, 2008

Pacific Northwest---next stop




The bad thing about writing inconsistently, is that so much happens that I forget stuff. I had a great week in the Bay Area, but now it is like a memory. Mike and I are loading up a mini-van with bikes, and clothing and leaving for Seattle early tomorrow morning. At least there will be two of us as opposed to just me hauling my blingy gear all over the place. Even Sydney's bags are packed! We will stay two nights (3 days) in Seattle and then head south from the city and stay a night in Olympia which sounds nice---although I have only driven passed this city.

From Olympia, we will head into one of my favorite cities, Portland and will be there for a couple of days as well, before packing it up and heading to Bend for the weekend. I think we are staying with some friends in Bend and will get a day or so to rejuvenate and ride, before we head to Boise. Boise is our last stop for this "road-trip" and we head back to Reno to end our loop.

As I write this it all sounds "fun". And it would be "fun" if there wasn't a lot of work involved. Mike will get a good taste of what it feels like when I am on these crazy trips. He'll join me again for another one about 5 days later when we head South (Utah, Arizona and Southern California). The good news is that from New York to California, the trips have proved very successful. And the more I can get done before Las Vegas---the better (=easier) Las Vegas will be this year.

Last weekend we went and rode the passes again in Markleeville. It was epic! We been averaging monthly visits to the passes and that in itself is a gift. I am looking forward to Fall more than usual. Not for the weather, or the usual stuff, but my nephews are here and I never see them. They will be in school before I have time to hang out, but luckily we have such a lovely fall that I can enjoy some football games locally and spend some time just being an Aunt. I have never had the luxury and now I am out of town so much that it feels like I am missing out.

Just for fun we dressed up my Seven with some wheels that cost more than my car. Talk about bling! Happy Saturday!

No comments: