Sunday, August 05, 2007

Off my Soapbox!

You know how "reformed" anythings are the worse. (But if I confused anyone...I have not taken up smoking. I was trying to find secret places for my colleague to smoke.) Sigh...

On July 25th, some very dear friends tied-the-knot in Maui. Another "Palo Alto Bicycles" linked relationship. Hopefully made in heaven, like mine. Congrats to Jay & Jamie. I hope to make it to the big party (I will be in Seattle/Portland that week..sigh).

Mike has been in this crazy "funk" with his health---for quite a while. He's been riding the last few days---but it still isn't right. He went to see Jeff Angerman's wife and they are doing tests. She said that Mike had a big heart (I already knew this!), but that this was normal for athlete's at his level. So now they are doing blood work. The lab lost his first sample and so he needs to go and get it done again...

We have finally cooled down to 90 degrees here. I think the thought of summer, forever reverts one back to their childhood...and even more than the warmth, it was the vacation from school part that brings back the fond memories. Hot summer (when you are NOT on vacation) is, well, HOT. In the high desert, it is dry-hot, but HOT all the same. And no, I am not going to rant about the heat.

I am off to the Pacific Northwest in 7 days and then to So Cal at the end of the month. I will be spending Labor Day with my nephews in Carlsbad....in between working in LA & San Diego. I'll tell ya man...working really digs into my riding time. But I LOVE this part of my job. And end of September is Las Vegas. THEN I am going to Minnesota for some R&R. Not many people might pick Marshall Minnesota for a vacation spot---but I can't wait to walk the cornfields with Minnesota Dad, and go to "coffee" with Minnesota Mom and get pampered "Taylor" style. Now I have my own friends there to visit with as well.

My Mom is still on her chemo program. Thank you to everyone for asking! She is strong and inspired and amazing---a real blessing!

I am off for a ride in the dry-heat! Happy Sunday!

No comments: