Monday, August 20, 2007

As good as it gets!

That is the way I would describe my weekend! Mike and I left work early on Friday and headed to the Bay Area. We stayed with some friends in Woodside and it felt like resort living at it's best. We had no idea. We dined on a feast of Salmon and Tuna and wined and dined with Jerrell and Alison. On Saturday we were up early and rode our own rides. Mike left with Alan and the "650" crew and I headed up Kings by myself. But I wasn't by myself for long!

"Hey Taylor, what are you doing here? No more Minnesota?" It was none other than Jim Ochowitz...who still always thinks I am living in Minnesota. How many places in the world can you go for a random bike ride and have "Och" himself come pedaling up beside you on a glorious climb on a Saturday morning?

After my ride I packed up the Scrapper and headed to my Mom's for a quick visit. When I got back to Jerrell's I relaxed by the pool with a book and Mike napped in the guest house and then we headed to Watson's (or rather The Watson's) for a wedding celebration! It was like an old Palo Alto Bicycles reunion! Jay and Jamie got married in Maui and had a celebration at their home. Lot's of "J's" in this story. Jay was introducing me to someone named John and it went something like this, "Hi John, this is Joni, Jen, Joe, Jon..." Kinda funny.

On Sunday, We rode up King's and then headed to Palo Alto Bikes...and even Jeff showed up on his day off. No place else is home. I'll never forget Amanda's words when she said, "You know, Joni, you wake up, do your day, go for a ride and watch the sun plop into the Bay, and even if you're living on Ramen noodles and living in a shack somewhere...it doesn't get much better than THAT!"

She was right...and last weekend was "as good as it gets!"

Happy Monday!

No comments: