Thursday, July 06, 2006

My night to cook....

Last night Mike and I left work together on our bikes, with the Scrapper. The Scrap has slowed down a bit (she's almost 8 after all) and so I rode ahead..."I'll see ya at home...I'm not going to ride tonight---I'l cook dinner". It was a nice evening with no wind and it was kinda warm. When I got home, I thought...well, maybe I'll just go for a short ride. By the time Mike and Syd arrived back at the house, I was suited up in my riding clothes.

"I'm just going to go for a short spin..." Mike wasn't riding and he was going to manage dinner. I really was only planning on a short 18 mile loop since I just spent 4 days of good riding and I was kinda tired after a long day at "The Factory". Next thing I knew I was in Concord, and my one hour spin turned into a two-plus hours spin. It was one of those still and calm evenings. There is a section where you cross over the Lexington River and it's all surrounded with fabulous trees and the road climbs and descends over the river. You could see the Sky reflected in the water such that you couldn't tell the Sky from the water.

I got lulled into the terrain and forgot the time. Mike does this to me all the time and so it wasn't that I felt guilty---but it felt very indulgent. Especially when I arrived home to a Whole wheat pasta feed, complete with steamed broccoli and a spinach salad just as the sun was about to set. After a shower I settled into my feast while watching the end of the Tour stage---with a smiling husband.

I was going to wake up early and ride this morning, but believe or not, we woke up to RAIN. Not sprinkles either. RAIN. Even so, I stayed at work late and when Mike left early to go for a long over-due ride, I knew it was "my turn" to return the good deed. So I made a special Chinese dinner feast of Steamed rice, baked tofu and spicy garlic broccoli so that he can come home tonight and enjoy the Tour.

I'm off to go and play with Sydney in the New England dusk---and Mike and I will watch the Tour and feast. Boring? Probably sounds that way. Lovely? You bet it is! The best news? Tomorrow is already Friday!!! Happy Thursday!

No comments: