Thursday, November 17, 2005

An Alberta Clipper!

Now I know what that means! Whoa...I rode my bike to work on Tuesday and it was just softly snowing at first until the wind started to pick up. The day got colder as it went along and it was actually warmest in the morning...(in the 30's). By the time I got off of work though, it was dark and there were wind gusts from the North up to 40MPH! Mike stopped by the shop to tell me to be careful over the wooden bridge (ice) and to be careful on the roads.

The snow pretty much had quit, but the wind was hammering away at unreal speeds. Then on Wednesday we woke up to a soft, white snow dusted prairie, with a temperature of 12 degrees, feels like -1. I've never been anywhere where it was that cold. Ever. When Mike left for work on his bike in the morning, I thought he was nuts. I was going to walk....but I went outside and the snow was so soft and crunchy...not icy and slippery...so I hopped on my bike and rode in the snow. I crunched through all the new snow-paths, leaving tire tracks and I felt like a kid.

The snow falls sideways here. It doesn't fall gently down...I watched it fall from the windows at the shop and it felt like I was in a moving vehicle or something...pretty wild. Anyway---I guess it's winter.

No comments: