Tuesday, November 15, 2005

It's snowing!

We have something called an Alberta Clipper coming our way. This weather news caused everyone doing stuff around their houses to prepare for whatever this brings. Once "snow" is in the forecast, all other news on the evening and morning news channels take a back seat and they devote almost all the "airtime" to the weather guys. Last night on "Keloland", all the meteorologists who work at the station (the morning guys, afternoon guys and evening guys) were working to give us information, predictions, how to prepare and what to prepare for.

Minnesota Dad came over to do something with our polaris thing and did whatever we needed to do with it in case we needed it, and then I called the prior owner of our house and asked if I needed to do something with our outside water spick-et. She wasn't home and hasn't called back and so I am assuming all is well. (Of course the fact that I didn't know what I was really asking about and Mike was busy riding the rollers and couldn't tell me the right words to use might have confused her?)

Anyway---it's really not "that" cold or windy outside. But the snow is falling and it looks pretty really. Mike says it won't accumulate and it will be gone by the weekend since we're forecasted with sun and 50 degrees. He left for work on his bike and I will do the same later...unless it really dumps. Then I'll walk to work in the snow. I don't have waterproof shoes...guess I'll just do what I do on my bike and cover my shoes with grocery store bags.

The snow is falling straight down and so there's no wind...it looks like snow in Lake Tahoe or Aspen, but without the mountains. It's nice!

No comments: