Sunday, June 15, 2008

Arrivederci!

I can't believe it is already the middle of June--- Ouch! We've been really enjoying a gentle entry into the hot hot days of summer. And of course the riding has been wonderful---and whiloe there have been "windy" afternoons", the mornings are wonderful and cool but dry and sunny. Perfect! Spring has been nice and cool compared to last year. We only turned on the air-conditioner last night for the first time...and even then just for an hour or so to cool things down before sleep-time.

Speaking of sleep-time...We have a new (to us) bed! The San Diego Mehler's are now the Reno Mehler's (at least for a year---they still have their house in Carlsbad). I should work for the Reno board of tourism! Ha! In any case, they had a spare queen-sized bed and ask us if we would like to have it! How about that? It is awesome to have a real bed to sleep on after 3 years on a futon! A real treat. And now people can come and visit and not sleep on the floor! Woo hoo! After my ride today I drove over to their place and it is really nice---but they weren't there, but they are about 3 miles away! Daniel is starting football practice at the high-school I think on Monday.

I am heading to Venice (via Amsterdam) until the Wednesday after next. When I spoke with Paola on Friday she told me I am the only woman going for the bike ride in the Mount Berico Hills...European cycling (for girls) hasn't quite caught up to the USA. We are meeting at the Campagnolo components factory and leaving from there. Paola added, "Oh, of course I signed you up for the long ride with the hard hills since you love them so much!" Uh ho!?! Hope the ride leaders are not a bunch of skinny Italian climbers! Or at least I hope they will wait for me!

So I am pretty excited---although I don't relish the travel time and airport/airline/drama.

Arrivederci & Ciao! Happy Father's day!!!

No comments: