Thursday, December 20, 2007

Northern Nevada Holiday Greetings - 2007


From Boston, Massachusetts to Reno, Nevada----we traveled the Highway 80 corridor once again heading from East to West at the end of March. We stopped at the Sierra Nevada range...just a few miles shy of the California border and have been enjoying living and riding our bikes in the high-desert climate of Northern Nevada all year.

I guess that kind of sums things up for the "Mike and Joni" Taylor's this year---We're really enjoying Reno. Far more than we ever could have imagined. I spent most of the summer months traveling to visit retailer's far and wide, including a trip to Italy to the Campagnolo Factory. Mike has been enjoying success with the Ridley Team Bike Program, and we both had a successful Interbike/Las Vegas trip. While much of this is work related---the gist is that we like what we do, which is a blessing.

Sydney joined us on our trip to Marshall, MN in November. We had a fabulous time with Minnesota Mom & Dad as well as all of our Minnesota "homies". Then we arrived back in Reno just before Thanksgiving and we spent the holiday with California Mom & Dad (and all the Mehler's) in Truckee, California. It was a blast, highlighted by a special bike ride with my nephew Daniel.

As I write this, we have just dug out of a wonderful snow-storm. Yes---the word wonderful and snow storm in the same sentence from this "Sun-girl". This is the snow I know. The roads are clean, the snow
is fluffy snow and I am outside enjoying it without gloves even---crisp but not bone chilling. That might come later.

As I reflect on the year, 2007, I am drawn to what makes it special, and here's what I come up with: Every morning, about 6:18am, the small hound shakes herself awake and climbs over all the pillows and blankets to wake us up to greet the day. I look over at my husband and my dog and I realize I am a very "rich" girl; incredibly optimistic and unbelievably in love! Of course the other thing that makes every year special are my family and friends (i.e YOU!)

The Taylor's wish you a warm and safe holiday season and lots of love for 2008!

No comments: