Sunday, December 02, 2007

Happy December!


Can you believe it is already December, 2007? Amazing. It has really cooled down here in the Sierra's. But we are dry and still riding (easily) outside. I don't ride in the mornings anymore---I wait until the sun warms things up a bit in the afternoon. Mike is enjoying this weather though. He thinks 25 degrees in the morning is a piece of cake. My Minnesota Man.

Yesterday was cold, but today it got up to about 52 degrees. A little windy, but beautiful. I spent the afternoon doing something that I learned with my Minnesota Mom in Marshall---making almond bark pretzels and other holiday goodies! Mine never come out as good as hers do---but it sure was fun. And I also cooked up a crock-pot full of vegan 4-5 bean chili for dinner. YUM!

I haven't really written much since Thanksgiving. The time just flies and I don't know where it goes. Truth is, I'm thankful everyday---and this was a special thanksgiving with all my Mehler's. I got to thinking about some "other" things which may sound kind of strange:

Mike and I grocery shop together every weekend. We each have our own "weekly jobs", but this is one job we both do. In the checkout line, I always read the headlines of the fan magazines. "Angelina, Brad, Britney,etc." How awful it must be to have to worry about who is watching you every minute of every day. I used to think it would be so wonderful to be beautiful and rich and famous. Oh to not have to worry about having enough money to pay for all the things I think I need.

But as we stood around the Thanksgiving table in lovely Truckee, California, I was thankful for many blessings, but also to not have to worry about always being in the limelight. Can you imagine? "Joni just put on 5 lbs..rumor has it there's a baby on the way" or "Joni must be partying too much---she looked like H3LL shopping at Safeway this morning" What a nightmare! Ha!

Perhaps these thoughts are better kept to myself...

Happy December! Happy Birthday Zachary! Happy Birthday Jeff! (Did I miss anyone?)

No comments: