Sunday, November 12, 2006

Home alone

I forgot what it was like to sleep in and have no pressing things to do! What a luxury! I spent one Saturday while I was in California in San Francisco where I didn't have anything to do until the evening. I rode Muni and walked (I didn't have my bike yet) all around the city---headed into the Castro and Noe Valley. But beyond that, I haven't had a "nothing to do" kind of day in far too long. What a treat.

Yesterday, after completing all my "home-jobs", I headed out for what I thought would be a short ride (I was tired before I started), but ended up to be almost 4 hours on the bike. Each time I planned to complete the loop and turn back, my bike headed in the other direction and I enjoyed a long ride instead. The traffic is awful here though. I almost got doored in Concord and this guy saw a parking space and decided to sprint to it right in front of me. I am sure it isn't meant to be rude, but this area has the rudest driver's of anywhere I've ever lived.

I arrived home a hungry girl, to a frisky Fat Hound. Very nice. I gobbled up some food and headed to the woods with the Scrapper---and then came home and ate some more and Sydney and I watched movies all night. Mike would not approve of my snacking habits---I like to snack and never eat meals---sigh.

I woke up to a foggy-like-wet-but-not-raining morning. The roads are damp and there is a mist but I am contemplating riding anyway since it isn't cold at all. In fact, the mosquito's are out in force and were biting me while Syd and I went out this morning. I guess we are 10 degrees above average. Rain is in the forecast for most of next week though so if I can get out and ride today, it might be a good thing.

Other than that, I have nothing to officially "get done" today and I am about as happy about that as I can be. Have a wonderful Sunday!

No comments: