Friday, November 17, 2006

68 degrees...and wet!

How about that? We got a "feels more like tropical summer...but it's November" drench! Whole week has been in the 60's. Weird weather. Pretty amazing. Could make it up into the 70's even today. This is the warmest spot in the country. And the rain is heading out of Boston now. The Scrapper and I enjoyed a game of ball in the drink and I am soaked through since it wasn't raining when we headed out, and I failed to wear my rain-gear. It was so warm and humid when I left.

Mike is coming home tomorrow night. At least the week ahead looks good, sunny and dry albeit cool and so we'll get to ride. It'll be good to see him. I am looking forward to next week since it is a short one. Thanksgiving already. Last year Mike and I spent Thanksgiving in Eau Claire, Wisconsin and experienced the first snow storm of the season and our first snowy cross race. We were at least in near proximity of family. This will be our first Thanksgiving a LONG way away from those we love.

No Turkey ride up King's Mountain, No Turkey dinner with the California Mehler's or the Minnesota Taylor's. Maybe there is a Turkey ride here in Massachusetts? You'd think with a Turkey being on the state's Welcome sign, along with all the history about Plymouth that T-day would be a big deal here. I'll have to investigate this further. A special cross race would be awesome. All I know is after a 50 hour work week, I am looking forward to a break.

I am also looking forward to the Cross National Championships in Rhode Island coming up soon. Our friends from Northfield, MN are flying out for the weekend. It'll be great to see Daniel (Casper) and Linda (Sone) again. Allright...I better get to work. Have a great Friday!

No comments: