Saturday, August 05, 2006

Finally a nice weather day!

She's back! (-: The last couple of weeks have been quite the whirlwind! Right before I left for LA, we had a torrential rain storm (with high humidity.) Mike and I failed to close the windows to the room where our "internet box" resides and when we came home, amongst other furniture and "next to the windows" things, our "little box to the WWW" was soaked and out of commission. I didn't have time to deal with it until I returned from LA and so have been off-line so to speak from you all.

Did you miss me? Ha! I may not love southern California, but I have to admit it felt good to be on the Left Coast. even during the heat-wave there, it was nice. After leaving the high-humidity of the North East, I didn't even think it was all that bad in LA. I zipped up my sweatshirt when I arrived at LAX even. So there you go.

I came home to record heat and humid weather here. It's like being in a constant sauna. My co-worker says she likes it humid because it is so good for her skin. Ugh! That said, I don't mind riding my bike in the heat. Just everything else is hard. We only have air-conditioning in our bedroom and so typing on the computer and watching TV and anything else is horrible.

The good news, is we are racing tomorrow. After a long hiatus, mostly due to Mike being sick, we are headed to Bow, New Hampshire tomorrow to mix it up in a road race--woo hoo. Today I did my little 50 mile loop through Carlisle and Concord, Bedford and Lexington. The humidity was finally down and simple things like breathing were easy.

Just wanted to say Hi! Happy Saturday!

No comments: