Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Morning commute...

...actually, my official morning commute is a tad over a mile, I usually add a 30+ miles just to make it interesting... Nice! Mike and I have been getting into a morning groove though, in preparation for the sunrise/sunset of living this far North and East, and waking up early and riding before work. I only know about these things (sunrise/sunset) , because Mike reports the statistics on a weekly basis. "Hey, did you see that the sun will be setting at 7:20pm by the end of this month? Soon it's going to set at 4:15pm"

"Really...4:15PM? (maybe it was even 4:10PM, I don't remember) How soon?", I asked. "Oh, December". I suppose December is soon, given how the time has been flying away. But December isn't August, and we still have Fall to enjoy. Plus, I have been inundated with planning for Las Vegas in September. Whew! Interbike already. Now for years, either in retail or as a Queen comsumer in the bicycle industry, Interbike was just this fun little show where you got to check out all the latest and greatest whizz-bang inventions for Interbike.

This year? I am now working for a vendor that will be showing all the cool new products and so Interbike equals WORK! Lots of it! I feel like I get to "The Factory" , and then it's time to leave. sigh...

But the "getting to work" part of my day is still the best time of my day. From the days of commuting by bicycle from SF to Mountain View (@SGI) and then to Palo Alto (@ Palo Alto Bicycles), that rolling along with a breeze in my pony-tail and the sun in my eyes is the thing that gets me up in the morning. Well, that, and my dog licking my nose. Sydney is still the best alarm clock ever, though she doesn't get up until the sun comes up and right now, I get up before the sun.

And you're probably wondering about that "race report". Bow, New Hampshire (and just about every place we've seen in New Hampshire) is absolutely lovely. Sometimes I wish Seven was in New Hampshire as the riding is so much more to my liking (lots of rolling terrain...nothing is flat). Anyway, the gist is that Mike took 4 weeks off the bike, and another 4 weeks getting back into the groove, after his bout with whatever he had...and it was the first time ever that I can remember when he just didn't have it on race day. It didn't help that this race course was similar to Pescadero...for the first race after two months off. Also have Kevin Bouchard-Hall and a bunch of other guys who've been racing all season and are in form keeping the pace high.

But far be it for me to make excuses for my beloved. He doesn't need me to anyway. He's my star, and we are rolling along with the season's. Mom is rolling with her chemo seasons and I think after today, they are giving her a break. She's glowing from within and without and I love how many people called when I took a break from the keyboard.

Nothing about the weather today---I'm giving it (the weather)a break. I miss you all more than you could possibly miss me! Gotta go to sleep so I can ride tomorrow. (Good Morning Dave Prion --- thanks for the motivational calls---and Colin and Heather...Gosh I wish we could make it to your wedding! I hope you guys are as happy as we are!)

No comments: