Sunday, August 27, 2006

Concord cruise...

This is the sign I look for each time I ride...it's about 12 miles West of Watertown, and I know that the roads are less pot-holed, the traffic is much calmer, and my ride is enhanced with each turn of the pedal. Concord is a cycling haven for around here. The folks here even say things like "On the weekends there are more bikes than cars!" Sigh. Not quite. Canada Road/Woodside/West Alpine/Tunitas Creek---now we're talking more bikes than cars. But for around here there's just more bikes than normal so they feel that way.

I threw my camera into my jersey pocket to share my saturday cruise...unfortunately I got too into cruising and less into picture taking and so I didn't get as many shots as I'd hoped. I loved the "Faithful Unto Death" statue with a cyclist relaxing in the Fall-like sun in Concord Square (right near Liberty Monument and the Minutemen Lookout Point)

From here I headed into Carlisle where it is beautiful right now with wild flowers and ice-cream! There are these "ice-cream" signs all over Carlisle and into Chelmsford. A small size is almost the size of those Ben n Jerry's pints! My map even has little ice-cream cones designating the "creameries." Of course I don't use a map anymore. I know the way.

Then from Great Brook Farm I meander through the woods down roads like these and pass houses like these. Three stories of house. No two look the same. I think the high was 70 today and the wind was breezing from the East. I still to this day think that means it is going to be hot. But the East breeze *is* the Ocean breeze out here on the right coast.

Nothing like a super long work week (as in hours...it was still only five days) to make an already lovely and lazy Saturday spin even BETTER! Hope you had a lovely day!

No comments: