Saturday, January 05, 2008

Because if you were snow (reprise)...






...where would you want to fall? Really a fabulous commercial (that I first saw last year during the Tour of California while I was visiting Specialized last February). We got pummeled, hammered, and drenched in Rain and then Snow. It rained most of yesterday and we received 1.72 inches of rain in Reno (Annual average is 7 inches---month of January average, with January being the wettest month is 1 inch). When the rain shifted to big huge snowflakes in Verdi, Mike and I left work and headed home around 4:30pm. The snow went back to rain while we headed East to our house, but as soon as we headed up the hill to our house it was slippery snow.

We hunkered down in our warm house and watched the snow just fall from the sky. It was piling up outside at about 3-6 inches an hour for a while. Mike went out and shoveled every hour and he got it down to where the intervals only took about 25 minutes for the front and back. I always thank (and think) the world for (and of) my husband---but let me tell you how my Minnesota Guy shines in the winter! It's really remarkable!

The sun came out in the morning and kids were sliding down the street on body boards, and sleds---and Mike and I watched the news about the levee that broke in Fernley, and Sydney went hunting in the winter wonderland for rabbits. The we watched our neighbors (who are not near as efficient as Mike), get out and shovel. No one uses snow-blowers---

At about 1:30 it started to snow again. Another 3-6 inches. After a ride on the trainer, I decided to redeem myself a bit and I went out and shoveled for 45 minutes while Mike rode the rollers. We are expecting even more snow tonight and tomorrow. It is absolutely beautiful. And it just started snowing again!

Happy Saturday!

No comments: