Sunday, November 18, 2007

Small hound, big travels, family time



When I think of the all the places Sydney has gone with us, it makes me smile. I don't think I have ever known such an adaptable dog.

We really had a lovely time in Marshall. It was too short. It was one of the nicest trips I've had all year, and when I think of all the places I've been this year, (Italy, Colorado, Washington, Oregon and Southern California, Vegas, etc. ), that's really saying something! Granted, most of the other trips were for work and this one was pure vacation---but I really cherish my time with the Taylor's in the little town of Marshall, MN.

We started things off with trips to our dentist...and the next stop? You guessed it. The Bike Shop and Camden State Park. Mike went mountain biking with the "boys" and I went trail running throughout the park! The Bike Shop has expanded and really gone "upscale". We had dinner with the Olson's and saw their new home and now family of "five"---spent time with Pete and Dave and the whole gang.

Minnesota Mom and Dad treated us to an evening out at the MAFAC center and we saw a Russian Cello Quartet (fabulous!). We ate (or tried) bits of (fresh caught) pheasant, venison, and fish. We even went to a movie (which was a treat since we never do stuff like that). Just me, Mike and Diane---we saw American Gangster!

And of course, we celebrated Uncle Jim's birthday and spent time with friends. I topped the week off with a special walk though Camden with Celeste.

Throughout the week, Sydney enjoyed time with her Grandpa and Grandma and cousin Molly-dog. She really travels well. I took a few pictures (before and after hunting pictures) of her (I know this is shocking!) We arrived home late but amazingly well-rested. Once a year is not enough.

Happy Sunday!

No comments: