Sunday, November 04, 2007

Road to Rose




I kept meaning to bring the camera with me over the last couple of weeks so I could capture some of the amazing desert colors, but I forgot until this morning and the reds are all blown off and only the yellows show up. It is time for me to upgrade this camera. It's big (by today's standards); we bought it before we went to Belgium the second time---like 4 years ago, and these new cameras require no "photo-skills" which is key for a gal who has "no photo skills!"

Today was the first time I saw the baby donkeys that were born early this summer. They are soooo cute. In fact I saw lots of farm babies---ponies, calves and even a baby osterich! Wild Nevada. There is even a series called Wild Nevada that explores the diverse and unknown places around the state. One time, I was watching and they were featuring the town (town is generous---with a population of 25) of Baker, Nevada. Low and behold, my former neighbor from San Francisco was featured on the series, as he has a small hotel there. Baker looks neat. It's the last stop on Highway 50 before you hit Utah.

Speaking of that neighbor, this world is so darn small. One of the guys Mike rides with is an attorney and they were chatting about Baker and Mike said he lived across the street from a guy that moved to Baker. His friend said, "Is his name Terry?" Mike said "Indeed". It turns out this lawyer did some work for him.

On my ride home, my handsome husband pedaled up to me on the grinder climb home. We're all grins with major miles in our legs over the weekend!

And, we are leaving for Minnesota on Tuesday. Looking forward to some R&R with Minnesota Mom and Dad! Have a great week!

No comments: