Saturday, September 22, 2007

What happens in Vegas...

...stays in Vegas! Ha! In all the year's that Mike and I have been together and been in the bike biz, we've never made the trip to Interbike together. Hard to believe. This year, we are both going---so the Scrapper is staying with her Grandparents in California for a week. Last week was a hugely successful week in the Bay Area. I hope this is a sign for a really good year for us!

I rode my bike to pick up a rental car at the airport on Monday. How nice is that? I love living in a town that is small enough to ride (my bicycle) right into the airport (without traffic), and yet big enough to have an International airport. I left in the afternoon and when I hit Albany I could see the San Francisco Skyline and Mount Tamapais. It brought tears (literally) to my eyes to see my lovely city by the bay. I can't describe it. Even better was the fact that I was reverse traffic (i.e. no traffic at all) from Reno all the way to the Toll Plaza. The worse traffic was actually in Truckee as they are preparing the roads for winter and all but one lane was closed for about 8 miles.

I spent three days in San Francisco working and it was a great trip! Tomorrow we are going to ride and then head to my Mom and Dad's and then fly out of the San Jose Airport to Las Vegas. It'll be hectic and I will be glad to be through with the trade show. The best part will be seeing everyone. But other than that...it is crazy Vegas.

We have cooled down 20 degrees this past few weeks and my morning rides are already chilly. Fall everywhere is lovely. In the Sierra's you get that crisp air blowing in from elevation, and beautiful sunrises and sunsets! We even got some rain today and some dusting of snow up on Mt. Rose.

Happy Birthday Rick! Happy Yom Kippur! Happy Saturday!

No comments: