Saturday, September 08, 2007

Cycling in the Surf & Sun!

It figures I would be in So Cal during the humid heatwave! Still, time with family and friends was priceless and worth all the humid hot air. But it was "oppressive heat". Felt like I was out East. 10 days away from my husband and hound is about the limit though. I am glad to be home for a while. I love traveling with my reps, and it is fun to visit all the cool bike shops as well. And Alan came up to Reno for the Labor Day weekend and he and Mike had some "guy time" to hang out and ride bikes!

So now I am home and it is my first real day off in a couple of weeks and I am almost too tired to ride. Almost. This morning Mike and I watched the balloon races from our house on the hill. I haven't figured out how it all works, but it is fun watching a sky full of balloons, while sipping on a cup of Peet's with my guy and my dog.

My Mom, Dad and Layne were also visiting in So Cal and were in a car accident while traveling to see my dad's horses. It was the fault of the other driver and no one was "seriously" injured. Still, my Mom broke her wrist, my dad and Layne suffered bruises and whip-lash. It was my Mom's "week-off" from chemo and she had hoped to NOT be in a hospital. Sigh. Most people would be thinking law-suits though and my Mom (always looking on the bright side of things), says she was grateful to be able to find out that her potassium was low. She and Layne also noted that everyone that helped her or who was involved was named Angela or Angelina or some other "angel" name. Even in times of "bad things happening", there is a positive way to look at life.

In between working, I was able to get some nice rides in along the coast and get my feet wet in the surf. I LOVE California. I can't help it (along with millions of other people). There is something about the way I feel being near the Pacific Ocean that makes me feel whole and alive. I joined in on some group rides and was able to keep up! Altitude riding paid off!

Mike's grandma passed away while I was gone. She's in a better place and she lived a long life, but it is still sad. So much happens in a day/week/month/year. Every moment is important. I just talked myself into going for a ride...(-:

Happy Saturday!

No comments: