Sunday, October 22, 2006

Good friends...

...I'm sure you all have someone in your life that just changes your day whenever they appear. And regardless of whether it's been 10 minutes, 10 days or 10 years since you last spoke, the minute you see them, you're all caught up and can resume a conversation or an experience as if it just happened.

My friendship with Chris (Insinger) is that kind of friendship. I met him in Hawaii while we were working for SGI---at the "President's club"...a unique group of people amongst very unique people. I was a guest of another unique friend, Bent (Hagemark), also of SGI and also a special friend. I remember like it was yesterday---yet it was long ago, Chris and I were lying on the golden sands in Maui (Kapalua neer Kaanapali), reliving our SGI-Hawaiian experience (I had just ridden a rental bike up Mt Haleakala by myself amongst other things!), and began a conversation that has expanded and lasted over the years.

He's now in Singapore---and I am in Boston. Different lives---but the way that our friendship grows with our horizons is something I always read about in books. I miss him already.

So we had a wonderful time eating in a newly discovered diner, and getting lost in Cambridge and Boston amongst the gloriously fall foilage and the great "Head of the Charles" rowing race! Mike went to do a cross-race in Connecticut with a co-worker so it was a fun day all around for each of us!

Today is Mom's birthday and I can't believe that I will see her and my Dad in 3 days!

California---here I come! Happy Sunday!!

No comments: