Saturday, October 04, 2008

Aloha!

A very proper salutation since it is Hawaiian for both Hello and Goodbye. Last planned work trip and I am off to the Big Island...Kona, for the infamous Ironman Triathalon for a week. It has really been a tough last two months travel-wise. So after next week I can relax and enjoy the Fall in the High Sierra desert for a spell.

Mike and I were both really tired this week after a week-long stint in Las Vegas. What a crazy town. Still, it was a pretty successful week, despite the economy, Bicycle Retailers are still confident that, like in past financial turmoil, the cycling business is somewhat resilient to what is happening everywhere else. There's a difference in what they are looking at and luckily both of our brands have compelling enough characteristics this year to be attractive to retailers who are bringing in the bling.

California Mom & Dad and my "local" Mehler's all took care of the Scrapper while we were gone. It's very nice having family close by and I am looking forward to some fall Football games once this week is through.

BUT...it ain't all bad! I am going to Hawaii in October and I get to watch one of the most exciting Tri-Races in the world. And it was amazing how quickly I was able to find a local who has a "longboard" for me to borrow while I am there. Surfing in Hawaii sounds pretty good right now! Especially with the first storm of the season blowing in as we speak. The wind is howling right now! Mike left to go for a ride---he's nuts. I am thinking I might head out to buy some tropical clothing! (smile)

In any case---I will get back to writing soon. I miss everyone! Mahalo & Aloha! Happy Saturday!

No comments: